Just Elementary, Inc. » Business Tips, Business Valuation, Commercial Leasing, Due Diligence, Featured, Negotiation, Selling A Business » What is a Business Broker & How Do They Help Me Sell My Business?
What is a Commercial Business Broker?
- A Business Broker helps a Business Owner Sell his or her business to a Buyer.
- Similar to Residential Real Estate Agent, except the client/product is a business, not a house.
Here are common questions we get:
Question: Does a Business Broker Buy the Business from a Business Owner?
Answer: No! A Business Broker packages a business for sale and markets the business to attract qualified buyers.
What does a Business Broker Do for Business Owners?
- Prepare the Business For Sale (Exit Strategy Planning) *More on Exit Strategy Planning below.
- Find Buyers to Buy the business & facilitate buyer/seller negotiations and coordinate a Bulk Sale Escrow
How does a Business Broker Prepare a Business for sale?
- Determine The Market Value of the Business, i.e. Figure out how much the business is worth. (Business Valuation).
- If Necessary, Renegotiate the Premises Lease of the Business, to get the best possible terms that a buyer wants to see in place. This also benefits the owner until the business is sold. (If Needed)
- Suggest/Implement Operational changes to make business more streamlined profitable/attractive to a buyer, such as staffing & product offerings, Business Hours. (Operational Consulting)
All of the the Above are also offered as a la carte Stand Alone Services in situations where a business owner does not intend to sell in the immediate future.
Question: What if you are a business owner looking to grow by Buying Out Competitors?
- Consultation to determine the appropriate businesses to target for acquisition
- Broker’s time to directly market to the targeted businesses via narrative based direct mail campaign
- A coordinated telemarketing campaign to follow up on the direct mail campaign
- Confidentiality. Your name and business do not need to be disclosed until the appropriate time in the process. This minimizes any alterations in your standing and reputation in the industry, vendors and customers.
Business Broker Services for Individuals looking to buy a Business
- Identify Suitable Businesses For Sale
- Facilitate Due Diligence of Businesses for Sale
- Help Determine Difference between opening a new Franchise unit & buying an existing Franchise Business
About Just Elementary, Inc. Commercial Business Brokers:
- Licensed Commercial Business Brokerage
- Corporate California Department of Real Estate Broker License #01869797
- Pramod Patel, Broker/President, holds an Individual California Department of Real Estate Broker License #01340920
- Sonia Chhabra, Client Care Manager, is point of Contact for Customer Service Inquiries
- Robert Killen, Laundromat and OPL Laundry Expert
- Samina Haq, Main Street Retail Business Broker Expert, DRE#01798246
- Moe Essa, Collaborating Business Broker, DRE #01303281
Contact Sonia Chhabra, our Customer Service Manager at (888) 926-9193 & firstname.lastname@example.org